Pages

Tuesday 7 February 2017

Concentration 5

Culture: This concentration piece is a bit different than my other pieces - this is more abstract while making it very realistic. The bowls were used to look like egg shells so I really like this piece because it fits in the concentration without being obvious. I think this was an opportunity to do something pop art like. It reminds me of this museum I went to over the summer. The museum had a lot of pieces that looked like perfectly ordinary objects but were made out of weird materials. For example they had a basketball made out of glass. That museum inspired this space.


Problem solving: The bowls were the easy part. I just did the same procedure as I alway do and ended up having two bowls that looked very similar to one another. The yoke was the hard part and took some trial and error. So first I went up to the counselling office to find some crayons - luckily they had a ton so I grabbed a bunch. Then I had to figure out how to make the yoke look the best. So I went and talked to Mr. P and the two of us figured out how to melt the crayons the best way. We just mixed color until we got the most realistic look. So then we poured it onto a piece of wax paper and another on a plastic sheet. We froze both of them so it was easy to work with. Then we tried to melt hot glue sticks in the wok and we poured the melted glue on top of one of the wax blobs and with the other we poured the glue first and then stuck the blob on top. That worked okay but it was hard to control the glue. So then I tried just using a hot glue gun and pumped it out around a new blob of wax and the best gave me the best control.

No comments:

Post a Comment