Pages

Thursday 23 February 2017

Concentration 6

Connections and stuff: I think this piece marked a new facet to my concentration. The plan is right now to make 2 more pieces (so have a triptic) and that way when I upload it onto the AP board the three stand out together. Just the same, I thought I would do another triptic of the plaster coated on the outside of balloons so you get that weird texture. What I like about this series is that the geometric shapes make a big contrast against the plaster form. I was thinking that for my next one, I could flip a bowl upside down so it looks like the geometric shapes are holding the form up.

Problem solving: I had to make the geometric shapes twice. The first time I made the cubes too big and so they looked disproportionate compared to the plaster form. So I saved the original shape thing and then made smaller cubes so it would look right compared to the form. It took a lunch period to remake and so it took little time for what I think is a good reward.

No comments:

Post a Comment