Pages

Monday 22 May 2017

Museum Art Gallery 4

1. It makes a difference the way that galleries are laid out. This one was so confusing and I got lost so many different times and it ended up taking away from the art. When art galleries make galleries like be logical please otherwise I'm looking at the map more than I am at the art.

2. The use of shadows with 3d art can be really powerful. Thats something now looking back I wish I had tried. It can bring a whole different dimension and perspective to the piece. I remember when Rebecca did her final exam, she played with shadows and the whole class when crazy over it. I think next year it might be something that I might way to play around with as well.

3. Movement!! Though I think this would be really hard to do considering that I know nothing about robotics but the movement of these flowers caught my eye. Like shadows, they can bring a completely new perspective in as the piece ebs and flows into multiple pieces.

4. Art can be subtly political. When you think about political art you often think of like Frida Khalo but art doesn't have to be that explicit to be powerful. This piece was composed of a ton to tiny little photos of plastic bottle but together the artist was able to make it look like waves - a beautiful and powerful depiction of today's environmental scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment