Pages

Saturday 14 April 2012

Last Post For the Water Project!- Week 4 - Grade This Post

I have finished the water project! I think I was very successful. I made a total of $845 SGD! That is $345 over my goal. I finished the ten books.
They were:

  • Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
  • Pictures of Hollis Woods by Patricia Reilly Giff
  • Saffy's Angel by Hilary McKay
  • So B. It by Sarah Weeks
  • A Mango Shaped Space by Wendy Mass
  • Meet the Austins by Madeleine L'Engle
  • Flipped by Van Draanen
  • Rules by Cynthia Lord
  • The Midwife's Apprentice by Karen Cushman
  • Smile by Raina Telgemeier
By favorite book was a four way tie between Hunger Games, So B. It, A Mango Shaped Space, and Rules. But I would recommend any of these books. I just wanted to say a big thank you to all my friends and family who sponsored me. Without you I wouldn't have been able to achieve my goal.

As for the writing the children's book, I have finished that too. Instead of getting it printed, I turned it into a powerpoint that looks like a book. I think that it is awesome and well done. I am sending it off to the States to my aunt's school! I hope that I make a difference in some of the classrooms. I chose to send it off to the States because SAS knows a lot about water scarcity, but an average student in the States might not know what water scarcity is.

I am very happy that I completed the water project successfully and I hope that I have made a difference! 


"Water is being depleted many, many times faster than nature can replenish it."
-Maude Barlow

1 comment: